From the Client
“Thank you for a job well done here at the Airport. Your team ought to be very proud of the difference they have made for our community. Thank you.” – Iftikhar Ahmad, Director of Aviation, New Orleans Aviation Board
< View All Projects
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport Phase IV & IV A Modernizations and Southwest Airlines Gates Renovations
As part of the airport’s nearly $357+ million Capital Improvement Program, McDonnel provided construction services on several critical projects including the Phase IV and IV A Modernizations.
The project scope included:
- Expansion of the TSA checkpoints, ticketing, and baggage claim areas in Concourse B
- All new architectural finishes, flooring, enhancements, and renovations of Concourse B
- New carpeting throughout Concourse C
Expansion of TSA checkpoint in Concourse D
- Renovation and addition of architectural finishes and terminal signage in Concourse D up to the Concourse D Expansion
- New escalators
- Bank & post office renovations
The Southwest Airlines Gates work included the renovation and update of waiting/holding areas and ticket counters for 6 gates on Concourse B as well as administrative and operations offices on the apron level below. The scope included all new architectural finishes, ceiling, flooring, window tinting, light fixtures, paint, carpet, and tile.